Movember: Men’s Health Month
Globally, men die on average 5 years earlier than women, and for reasons that are largely preventable. Movember brings awareness to these facts and how to help men’s physical and mental health.
- The suicide rate for men is 3.5 times higher than for women
- This is mainly caused by toxic masculinity and the stigma around men talking about their feelings and mental health
- Men make up over 75 percent of suicide victims in the United States
- Men are significantly less likely to use mental health services compared to women
- This is especially so for Black, Latino, and Asian men